Northfield Shares is grateful for the extraordinary generosity of its donors to provide funding to local non-profit organizations. While we may not be able to fully fund or support every request we receive, we encourage all to apply.
Applications are reviewed and rated by the Grants Committee and the Board in terms of:
- eligibility and conformity to the grant guidelines
- ability to maintain and enhance the overall well-being of our community
- capacity and ability to successfully manage funds and execute proposal
In addition, specific criteria are used to evaluate the merits of each proposal. These include:
ANNUAL PERMANENT ENDOWED FUNDS Criteria
Criteria #1-3 above apply to these proposals for funding requests from the Endowed Funds that Northfield Shares holds. In addition, specific purposes and criteria as determined by the donor are found within the fund description.
- Project and/or effort proposed is worthwhile/needed, feasible as presented, and organization can likely achieve project goals
- Organizations and projects generating the biggest multiplier effect
- create positive ripple effect for human and/or social gains,
- encourages and involves volunteers,
- leverages other funds,
- added value from multiple organizations collaborating
- Organization is providing vital assistance within the Northfield community to sustain a thriving, equitable community for all residents
In addition, specific purposes and criteria as determined by the donor are found within the respective restricted fund descriptions below.
- The Grace Whittier Fund is donor-designated to support recreational opportunities for Northfield youth. Note: This grant has its own guidelines.
- The Nutting Beautification Fund is donor-designated for the beautification of Northfield.
- The Bill Clifford Family Legacy Fund is focused on helping young people (teens and young adults) reach their full potential.
- The Engseth-Rinde Restoration Fund supports habitat restoration silviculture, related ecological and social research and related education projects focusing on units of the prairie creek wildlife management area or other properties located in a corridor between Nerstrand and Dennison, MN.
For more information contact Northfield Shares at (507)-403-9755
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions
- The online grant application will open on July 1, 2022. To download a Microsoft Word version of the the application question beforehand, CLICK HERE. Applications are due Monday, October 3, 2022.
- Once a completed grant application is received, careful consideration is given to each request. The Grants Committee and Board will use the Review and Rating Information in the review process.
- Each application recommendation is reviewed by the committee in terms of its general eligibility and conformity to the grant guidelines, available funds and project feasibility. The committee presents its recommendations to the Northfield Shares Board of Directors for final approval. We operate based on principles of integrity, trust, transparency and accountability.
- Grants are available once a year with applications received by October 3; awards announced in November and distributed in December.
We expect grantees to:
- Report back to Northfield Shares by completing the Final Impact Report by the end of our grant cycle (September 30), and send it along with photos of your project to email@example.com.
- Return any unused funds at the end of the grant cycle to Northfield Shares, unless the grant recipient has been given an extension in writing.