Please note: This year we have set aside additional funding for projects that demonstrate Collaborative Leadership efforts. According to author David Chriship, collaborative leadership is an innovative way of building partnerships to solve the civic problems too big for anyone to solve alone as well as a type of leadership that brings together diverse stakeholders to solve a community’s problems.
The Northfield Shares Fund is a permanent endowment created to benefit the people of the greater Northfield area. Northfield Shares accepts and administers gifts from many sources to help meet the needs of the community. The endowment itself, along with other endowments for which Northfield Shares is responsible, continues to grow and yield earnings each year.
Donors who have entrusted Northfield Shares with their funds share our core values. Each and every day, we ensure they remain at the forefront of our operations.
- We believe that resources go further through collaboration.
- We support creative and innovative solutions when addressing the needs and interests of our area.
- We are an inclusive organization that embraces the Northfield area in all of its diversity.
- We seek to empower stakeholders in building a better Northfield.
Northfield Shares makes annual grants to local organizations. Grant applications are due by October 15, and grants are awarded early in the new year. A list of the organizations that have received grants since 2001 is available upon request.
Grant Review Committee Members
- Kris Estenson (committee chair), Northfield Shares Board Member
- Mike Hodges, Assistant Director of Intercultural & International Life at Carleton College
- Alyssa Herzog Melby, Assistant Director for Academic Civic Engagement at St. Olaf College
- Paula Sannes, Community Volunteer