Thanks to the generosity of former and current community members entrusting Northfield Shares with the management and distribution of funds, Northfield Shares is proud to share the vision and support to Northfield area nonprofits and tax-exempt organizations now and into the future. Grants are awarded annually.
The 2020-2021 granting process is underway. Applications were due October 5, 2020. Grants will be awarded in early November with fund distributions by calendar year end.
The Engeseth-Rinde Restoration Fund grant application process is still open and all applications are due November 1, 2020. To learn more about the Engeseth Rinde Restoration Fund and download an application, click here.
This year grants are available in the following areas:
Share in Northfield’s Future Fund ~ $150,000 in grants available
Permanent Endowed Funds ~ $25,000 in grants available
Engeseth-Rinde Restoration Fund ~ $23,000 in grants available
The Northfield Shares Grant Review Committee is as follows:
- Donna Rae Scheffert, Committee Chair, Northfield Shares Board Member, Leadership Tools Consulting Co.
- Jane Bartho, Northfield Chamber of Commerce
- Richard DeBeau, Retired Family Therapist
- Ada Gabert, Northfield High School Youth Board Member
- Stafford Handlang, Northfield High School Youth Board Member
- Angelica Linder, Northfield Public Library
- Doug Scott, Retired, Augsburg Development
- Greg Siems, Northfield Downtown Development
- Paul Thiboutot, Retired, Carleton College