The Northfield Shares Fund is a permanent endowment created to benefit the people of the greater Northfield area. Northfield Shares accepts and administers gifts from many sources to help meet the needs of the community. The endowment itself, along with other endowments for which Northfield Shares is responsible, continues to grow and yield earnings each year.
Donors who have entrusted Northfield Shares with their funds share our core values. Each and every day, we ensure they remain at the forefront of our operations.
- We believe that resources go further through collaboration.
- We support creative and innovative solutions when addressing the needs and interests of our area.
- We are an inclusive organization that embraces the Northfield area in all of its diversity.
- We seek to empower stakeholders in building a better Northfield.
Northfield Shares makes annual grants to local organizations. Grant applications are due by October 15, and grants are awarded early in the new year. A list of the organizations that have received grants since 2001 is available upon request. To download a Microsoft Word version of the Grant Application Questions, CLICK HERE.
Grant Review Committee Members
- Donna Rae Scheffert, Committee Chair, Northfield Shares Board Member, Leadership Tools Consulting Co.
- Kris Estenson, Associate Director, Alumni Engagement, St. Olaf College
- Alyssa Herzog Melby, Assistant Director for Academic Civic Engagement at St. Olaf College
- Paula Sannes, Community Volunteer
- Sarah Swan McDonald, Northfield High School Teacher