Volunteers are requested for August 11.
For anyone who’s looking for a reason to restore their faith in humankind, you don’t need to look any further than “We Love Northfield,” a service event that will be held on Saturday, August 11. This Serve Day, which is being planned by a group of local churches, offers something for everyone through unity in community and service.
Visit the We Love Northfield Facebook page to see what opportunities will be available during the Serve Day. You will be asked to choose two teams by indicating your first and second preference. Some of the teams include physical labor.
• Option 1: City Projects (landscaping, trash pickup, etc.)
• Option 2: Meal Setup Team (setting up tables, etc. for, the Free meal being offered to the volunteers and community.)
• Option 3: Dollar Car Wash (You may get wet on this one!)
• Option 4: Riverwalk (Face painting, making and handing out balloon animals, polishing fingernails)
• Option 5: Whispers of Hope (Dig post holes, clear trails, clear vines, etc.)
• Option 6: Arcadia Charter School activities (still being finalized)
• Option 7: Bagging groceries at Cub Foods or Econo Foods
• Option 8: Put me anywhere there’s a need.
The day’s schedule is as follows:
8:30 a.m.: Check-in at Cannon Valley Theater/Canvas Church parking lot (old Kmart)
9 a.m.: Welcome
9:15 a.m.: Participants depart for projects
Noon: Free lunch, provided by HEART, in Downtown Northfield (location TBD)
The free lunch is open to everyone in the community and can serve up to 2,000 people.
As of this writing, 10 area churches have confirmed their participation with more confirming within the next few days.
• Life 21
• Northfield Evangelical Free Church
• Northfield Community Church
• Emmaus Baptist Church
• Cornerstone Community Church
• St John’s Lutheran Church
• United Methodist Church
• Trinity Lutheran Church
If your church is interested in participating, contact Steph Helkenn at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (507) 645-8839.
And don’t worry if you are not a member of a local church. Everyone is welcome to join this Serve Day. Simply register via the We Love Northfield Facebook page. Your support and service will help promote unity, a true blessing for this community.