This is an ongoing volunteer opportunity
HealthFinders is seeking volunteer interpreters from a wide range of backgrounds. Opportunities are available for clinic/medical interpretation, as well as group and individual interpretation for educational sessions and associated classes. Interested applicants must be fluent, and willing to expand their vocabulary to include medical terminology.
- Fluency in Spanish or Somali
- Acquaintance with the Spanish culture or Somali culture.
- Prior experience in a medical/health/education setting preferred but not required
- Ability to interpret across two cultures so as to facilitate the provider-patient relationship
- Knowledge or willingness to learn medical terminology
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate cross-cultural communication between patients and the health care team
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in all assigned duties
- Comply and uphold at all times HealthFinders’ confidentiality policy designed to protect patient rights to privacy.
- Impartially interpret encounters for receptionist and intake forms, and in exam room for doctors and nurses
For more information about this volunteer opportunity and other opportunities visit our website at www.healthfindersmn.org , call (507) 646-8964 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org