The Administrative Assistant reports to the Executive Director and manages the efficient operation of the Northfield Shares office. This position provides crucial support for the operational, programmatic and development work of Northfield Shares. This position requires a strong customer service focus when interacting with the public, donors, volunteers, and board members.
Areas of Responsibility:
25% General Administrative and Office
- Prepare and distribute information, stakeholder correspondence, and respond to telephone and e-mail inquiries
- Maintain organization calendar by incorporating all program and organization events
- Maintain neat and organized office environment including associated equipment, supplies, and fiscal contracts
- General record keeping and maintenance of organizational files
- Assist with meeting preparation, including scheduling and logistics
- Oversee and keep website content up-to-date, working with professional website staff when needed. Assist with monthly e-newsletter and other electronic communications as needed. Help create and maintain social media presence
50% Data Management
- Process stakeholder mailings and gift acknowledgements, including data entry
- Manage software systems and services that address the unique business processes and information management needs of non-profit organizations, grants programs, donor advised fund programs and charitable endowment programs
- Assist the Executive Director with the management of the financial aspects of Northfield Shares, including programming and administrative budgets, regular accounting, finance tracking and record-keeping, and annual audits and tax filings
- Assist the Executive Director in maintaining the volunteer database
25% Program Oversight
- Events: Assist the Executive Director in organizing and coordinating logistics for charitable events; working with appropriate committees, volunteers, sponsors and participants
- Volunteers: Assist the Executive Director in managing the volunteer program as it relates to; volunteer recruitment, emergency deployment, and linking volunteers to opportunities
- High School degree or equivalent work experience
- Three years administrative support experience
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in a community foundation or similar environment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
The Administrative Assistant will be an individual who demonstrates the values of the organization, has a strong work ethic, a high-level of emotional intelligence and integrity, celebrates diversity, and works collaboratively to support the mission of Northfield Shares.
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and highest level of customer service and response
- Proficiency in using computer applications for spreadsheets, word processing, presentations, desktop publishing, database applications, etc.
- Ability to prioritize and move between multiple tasks
- Skill in editing documents for correct grammar and punctuation
- Willingness to learn new things or take on new tasks
- Support and contribute to an atmosphere of professionalism, responsibility, and respect
Salary & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Part-time, 20 hours per week. Annual, 12-month appointment. Flexibility to work within standard office hour schedule.
This job description is for general information purposes. It is not intended to list all duties and responsibilities of the position. This job description is subject to change at any time by Northfield Shares, with or without prior notice.
Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume to Mike Krance, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin on March 14 and the position is open until filled.
Northfield Shares is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran