The Executive Director will help grow capacity and build the Northfield SHARES community foundation as its first full-time Executive Director. Northfield SHARES seeks a self-starter for fund development, leadership & management, program oversight, and administrative support. The position reports to the Board Chair who has staff oversight on behalf of the Board of Directors.
Areas of Responsibility:
50% Fund Development
- Leadership: Provide direction and guidance to the Development Committee and Board of Directors in the effective operation of all development activities required to solicit endowment, donor-directed funds and general operating funds for Northfield SHARES.
- Planning: Develop fundraising strategy for single and multi-year resource development efforts incorporating all aspects of fundraising; including and not limited to individual gifts, grants, endowment gifts, events, and corporate gifts.
- Implementation: Carryout the plan. This will include a heavy focus on donor prospecting, cultivation and management. In addition, oversee activities related to events throughout the year.
- Marketing: To promote and strengthen Northfield SHARES presence. Oversee the organizational marketing efforts coordinating with the Marketing Committee including and not limited to social media, web-site, newsletters, annual reports, print or electronic communications, public relations and brand.
25% Leadership & Management
- Leadership: Provide exceptional leadership to a growing nonprofit foundation, including collaborative leadership with the board of directors and working with the Governance Committee.
- Policy: Maintain, create, update and/or implement policies and procedures related to Northfield SHARES.
- Public Relations: Serve as the public face, supporter and ambassador of Northfield SHARES, representing the Foundation with prospect donors and in the community.
- Partnerships: Cultivate strategic partnerships to advance the mission and vision of the Foundation.
- Board Relations: Provide direction to the board. Maintain positive relations and open communications with the Board of Directors and board committees.
- Financial: Manage all financial aspects of Northfield SHARES, including programming and administrative budgets, regular accounting and finance tracking and record-keeping, rental agreement for office, and annual external audits and tax filings; prepare Northfield SHARES annual budget in cooperation with the Finance Committee and Treasurer and implement funding decisions.
- Growth: Ensure the stability and growth of the grants and endowment programs, as well as other special initiatives.
- Office: Manage the office and associated equipment, supplies, and fiscal contracts.
- Software System: Manage software systems and services that address the unique business processes and information management needs of non-profit organizations, donor advised fund programs and charitable endowment programs.
- Communications: Prepare and distribute information and respond to telephone and e-mail inquiries. Maintain social media presence. Oversee and keep web-site content up-to-date working with professional web-site staff when needed.
- Personnel: Hire a part-time staff person to provide administrative support including and not limited to assisting with communications, the software system, other office functions and events.
25% Program Oversight
- Management: Oversee the programmatic work of the Foundation.
- Events: Organize and coordinate logistics for charitable events working with appropriate committees and volunteers.
- Grants: Manage grants system and process by coordinating with the Grants Committee including and not limited to communications with donors, marketing, reviewing and prioritizing applications, notifying applicants, disbursing funds, and evaluating and communicating results.
- Volunteers: Manage the volunteer program coordinating with the Volunteer Committee including and not limited to communicating with other non-profits in the community, enhance the database, recruitment, emergency deployment, and linking volunteers to opportunities.
- Collaborative Leadership: Develop a new Community Leadership Institute and other programmatic offerings.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Relevant work experience with a minimum of five years professional experience.
- Related college and professional development coursework. Degree preferred.
The Executive Director will be an individual who leads strategically and authentically, lives the values of the organization, has a high level of emotional intelligence and integrity, celebrates diversity, works collaboratively, inspires commitment and, navigates change and keeps the Foundation moving forward on every level.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Strong initiator and problem solver.
- Fundraising experience
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong technology skills.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. Flexible benefit package available.
Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume to Northfield Shares, P.O. Box 802, Northfield MN 55057 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin on November 28 and the position is open until the hiring process is complete.
Northfield SHARES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran